Business & Professional Services
Pearland’s strategic location in the Houston region provides convenient access to one of the nation’s largest and most talented labor forces. This, combined with Pearland’s outstanding business community and pro-business environment, makes our community a premier business location choice for corporate headquarters or regional office locations.
Situated immediately south and contiguous to the City of Houston, Pearland’s growth has yielded a diverse and talented labor force, with almost half our residents having earned a bachelor’s degree or higher. This high caliber workforce has been attracted by our superior quality of life and proximity to the region’s business, educational and cultural amenities.
Benefits for business and professional service companies in Pearland include:
Skilled and Available Workforce:
- Since 2005, Pearland’s estimated labor force has grown from just over 31,302 to over 67,000 in 2023
- Pearland is served by top-rated school districts for K-12 education, along with more than 60 degree granting institutions in the region for higher-education, providing our community with a strong foundation from which to recruit young talented professionals for the coming years
- Pearland’s strategic location within the Houston MSA provides local employers access to over 3.2 million talented and seasoned workers in industries such as energy, manufacturing and allied healthcare—including over 7,500 Texas Medical Center employees that live within the Pearland city limits
- The State of Texas has no personal or corporate income tax
- Pearland has a cost of living that is well below the national average and offers a wide variety of housing options that are reasonably priced compared to other areas of the country
- Pearland offers amenitized, shovel-ready sites with quality infrastructure in place
- Pearland’s location at the intersection of State Highway 288 and Beltway 8 offers excellent access to the greater Houston region
- With easy access to national and international flight networks at Bush Intercontinental and Hobby airports, business travel is convenient and nearly effortless
- PEDC offers aggressive incentives for companies creating primary jobs in the community
- The City of Pearland offers property tax abatement to certain types of businesses based on primary job creation and investment
- PEDC staff is ready to work with you to identify the incentives available and work to with city, state and county officials to apply for applicable incentive programs
NOTABLE BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL PROJECTS:
Swiss-based Endress+Hauser, opened a 112,000 square-foot Gulf Coast Regional Campus in Pearland’s Lower Kirby District. Endress+Hauser is a global leader in measurement instrumentation, services and solutions for industrial process engineering, providing process solutions and optimizing processes in terms of economic efficiency, safety and environmental impact. Its customers come from various industries, including chemical, food & beverage, life sciences, power & energy, primaries & metal, oil & gas and water & wastewater. The campus houses teams to support Endress+Hauser’s products, solutions and services, along with partners SpectraSensors, Analytik Jena, and Vector Controls and Automation Group. The campus also offers areas for calibration, repair and training, including a state-of-the-art PTU.
HCA Houston Healthcare opened its HCA Healthcare Center for Clinical Advancement in Pearland Town Center in 2021. HCA Houston Healthcare, a leading provider of healthcare in the Houston area, treats almost a million patients every year. With an employee base of 15,000, HCA Houston Healthcare’s comprehensive network includes 13 hospitals, 10 outpatient surgery centers, 11 freestanding emergency centers and numerous freestanding diagnostic imaging facilities in the greater Houston area. The 48,400 square-foot, state-of-the-art training center will house high-fidelity hospital simulation labs, connected classrooms and de-briefing rooms, where the health system’s nearly 7,000 nurses will receive ongoing clinical education and training. The center will also serve as a hub for all HCA Houston Healthcare new hire orientations and the division’s Leadership and Organizational Development training.
Interim Healthcare selected Pearland as the location for its Houston regional headquarters facility, leasing 4,600 square-feet in the Trinity Professional Building on Country Place Parkway. Founded in 1966, Interim HealthCare provides home health care including skilled nursing, (RN/LVN) physical & occupational therapy, nurses, therapists, aides and other health care personnel. The Pearland office serves as the headquarters for the Houston regional franchise, which has been in operations for five years.
Buc-ee’s relocated part of its headquarters to Pearland, leasing 4,900 square feet of space in the Pearland Town Center. Buc-ee’s operates convenience stores and travel centers throughout the Central and Gulf Coast region of Texas. Its travel centers are large stores that typically cover over 60,000 square-feet, with as many as 120 fueling positions. Since its relocation in 2017, the company has continued to expand and currently leases close to 15,000 square feet in the Pearland Town Center. Approximately 150 employees work at the partial headquarters location, providing human resources and legal functions that support its stores across the state.
Kelsey Seybold relocated its administrative headquarters to Pearland. The 170,000 square-foot, four-story office building is located on an 18-acre site in Shadow Creek Ranch on the northeast corner of Kirby Drive and Shadow Creek Parkway, just west of State Highway 288. The administrative offices are home to 800 employees who support Kelsey-Seybold’s 370 physicians providing primary care and specialty care at 20 clinic locations throughout the region.
Burns & McDonnell constructed a 3-story, 39,000 square-foot facility on an 11-acre site at Beltway 8 and Tom Bass Parkway. Burns & McDonnell is an American architecture and engineering company based in Kansas City, Missouri, and is owned 100% by its employees.
CobbFendley, a civil engineering and surveying firm opened its Pearland location with 3 full-time employees on the east side of Pearland in a total lease space of 1,608 square-feet. CobbFendley Pearland, today located at 1920 Country Place Parkway, Suite 400, has expanded three times over the last seven years. The latest expansion has grown CobbFendley Pearland’s office space from a 20-person capacity (4,667 square-feet) to a total lease space of over 11,000 square-feet with room for a total of 36 full-time employees. With this additional lease space, CobbFendley was able to add the firm logo to the face of the office building.
Freese and Nichols, a professional planning, consulting and engineering firm, opened its Pearland office and currently leases a 13,000 square-foot office in Pearland Town Center. The company currently has 50 employees at its Pearland office.
Wilmar Oleo opened its North America headquarters in Pearland. A subsidiary of Wilmar International based in Singapore, Wilmar Oleo North America is a leading agribusiness in Asia. Wilmar’s Pearland location houses its sales and administrative staff and occupies 5,300 square-feet in Pearland Town Center.